Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Initial work to introduce the subtraction games- whole class

At the start of our session in the computer suite I introduced the children to the steps to get onto the subtraction games that we had set up on the intranet. They found it difficult to follow the steps but as I paired up higher and lower ability children on the computers they were able to follow the steps written on the whiteboard successfully.

I initially introduced the children to just the butterfly subtraction game on the "Rainforest Maths" site. They all watched how to play it eagerly and were keen to help me find the correct answers. The children worked well in pairs and all of my targeted children enjoyed the game.

Back in the classroom I wrote the steps onto card and stuck it onto the wall next to the computer for the children to follow when they are to play the subtraction games in class time.

No comments: