Sunday, July 22, 2007

Week 2 and 3


By week 2 and 3 the children in my two target groups had been introduced to all of the subtraction games that we had put on the intranet. Most of the rest of the class were also familiar with them as they all played them in the computer suite on Mondays. These computer sessions were enjoyed by all and I heard lots of "subtraction talk" going on. All children were able to follow the steps that I had written on the board in the computer suite and next to the computer in the classroom.

Week2
By Tuesday apart from student B my circle group were beginning to image when subtracting. I moved student B to my square group and focused on using materials to subtract up to 5 with this group as well as the subtraction games on the intranet. Throughout the week both of my targeted groups had the opportunity to use the subraction games during maths sessions either with me or as a group. It was frustrating that there was only my laptop and one class computer to use.

Week3
This week I continued to work on subtracting to 5 with my square group and worked on beginning to image to 10 with my circle group. By the end of the week both groups had improved greatly. They continued to play on the subtraction games either with me or as a group. By the end of this week all of square group were able to solve subtraction problems to 10 by using materials and were able to image to 5. All of circle group apart from student C were able to image to 10 to solve subtraction problems.

No comments: